Our pets are a huge part of our lives. So much so that it’s important to consider them when making big decisions– like new flooring! If you’re considering a carpet for your Vancouver home, but are worried about how it will stand up against pet hair, stains and odor, then check out these tricks from the team at Floor Coverings International® of Vancouver for choosing (and then maintaining) the best pet-friendly carpet.
Tips for Choosing a Pet-Friendly Carpet:
- Don’t limit yourself. With more and more families becoming pet owners, carpet manufacturers are taking notice. There are many stain-resistant options for you to consider so don’t feel like you’re stuck with one type of carpet. Consider a StainMaster® or nylon carpet. Both come in a wide variety of colors and styles. Plus, they are known for being incredibly stain and odor resistant.
- Be prepared. It’s important to keep a clean carpet, but no one has time to vacuum every day. You may want to consider a flecked style carpet to help hide fur and dirt between vacuums. We won’t tell if you don’t!
- Look at “cut-pile” carpets. These are carpets with individual strands that don’t loop back down to the base. They are less likely to pose a snagging risk for your pet’s claws. The last thing you want to do is come home and find your cat stuck to the carpet.
- Consider carpet tiles. They give you the flexibility to wash or replace sections of carpet that may have accumulated stains without having to replace the entire floor.
Tips for Maintaining a Pet-Friendly Carpet:
- Invest in a pet bed. If your dog is known to always snuggle up in one spot, you’ll want to lay down a pad or a pet bed in that area. Just because your pet isn’t “leaving messes” doesn’t mean they aren’t leaving a mark on your floor. The natural oils they give off soak into your carpet and act like a magnet for dirt, which develops into an oil stain over time.
- Maintain your arsenal. Once you’ve chosen and installed your carpet, make sure to always have a stockpile of carpet cleaning supplies on hand. This is key to making sure your carpets stay looking good as new for as long as possible. You won’t regret it.
Pets and carpet can go great together if you choose your carpet wisely. For questions about which flooring will be best to accommodate your pets, give the team at [franchise_location_ name] a call today. They’ll help walk you through your options to make sure your new floor is the perfect fit for your furry friends.
You might also enjoy:
Photo © Alena Ozerova